November 19, 2004

Ghostknight: Resurrection - Excerpt 5 (beginning)

“Right then, here’s how it works. I’m a ghostknight. You’re ghostknights, too, now that Mabel’s deflowered you. I’m a higher ranking ghostknight, but don’t ask me what my actual rank is because it changes. Technically, I’m a warden, but that doesn’t really mean much. The whole ranking thing is screwed up. The short version is that the Grandmaster sits at the top. There are a few guys just below him, like Brom and Obern. Then there are patrol leaders. I’m one of those. Everyone else is effectively the same rank. Brom is kind of a higher rank than Obern, unless they’re facing fiends, in which case Obern is more experienced and he takes command. That’s kind of how the whole thing works. I’m guessing you two were army rats before you became fish, right? So this must sound like the absolute worst way to run an army. It would be, except the ghostknights are not an army, we’re ghostknights. There’s no other way to explain it, but it does seem to work. Right now you just need to know a few things. First, you guys are going to have that fresh fish smell about you for a while so you’re kind of the bottom of the barrel until that wears off. The next thing to know is that if your current officer tells you to listen to someone else, then that person is your new officer. Right now, Brom is your officer. Tomorrow or the day after, he’ll probably give you another assignment. That’s likely to be one of two things, a patrol or an action team.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, care to put the ghostknight things in some kind of chronological order? At least #123, I feel like maybe it'd be 132... but not sure.

Rob said...

Consider it done. I added brief relative placer descriptions to the titles of each excerpt