September 03, 2007

Trapped

No, I’m sorry I didn’t mean that, I was just kidding, really
I’ll go back to coloring between the lines now
sorry
I didn’t mean to scare you
I’ll be a good boy, live a good life
have a nice wife and two kids, maybe a dog too
get a simple job, go to work every day and come home again
I’ll eat my cereal in the morning, my sandwiches at lunch, and my steak for supper
nice, red-blooded, real world stuff
with a girl at my side and a smile on my face
I’m sure the world will be alright
I hope I didn’t scare you with my talk of faeries and castles
magic
or just not knowing what to do with my life
I was just kidding
go back to sleep
don’t worry about me
I’ll just lie here by myself for a while
awake and wondering...

[Author's Note: I wrote this a long time ago, but was thinking about it recently and thought I'd share... still don't know what I really want to do with my life...]

No comments: